The Digital Opportunity Initiative thanks representatives of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and developing countries for their valuable contributions to this report.
We also thank the following experts for their contributions and review of the report:
- Margaret Anderson, Senior Fellow, McConnell International
- Jennifer Bremer, Director, Center for Emerging Markets, Kenan Institute
- William J. Drake, Director of the Project on the Information Revolution and World Politics, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Heloise Emdon, Communications Specialist, Development Bank for Southern Africa
- John Gage, Chief Research Officer, Sun Microsystems
- William Garrison, Director of the Information and Communications Technology Program, Kenan Institute
- Allen Hammond, Chief Information Officer and Senior Scientist, World Resources Institute
- Geoffrey Kirkman, Managing Director, Center for International Development, Harvard University
- Bruce McConnell, President, McConnell International
- Kerry McNamara, Senior Knowledge Management Officer, World Bank Institute
- Larry Press, Professor of Computer Information Systems, California State University
- Iqbal Z. Quadir, Co-founder, Grameen Phone
- George Sadowsky, Executive Director, Global Internet Policy Initiative (GIPI)
- Ernest J. Wilson, Director, Center for International Development and Conflict Management, University of Maryland
© 2001 Accenture, Markle Foundation, United Nations Development Programme.
All rights reserved.